18 Hakihea 2020
Te Wai Māori Trustee Limited (Te Wai Māori) is seeking applications from qualified and experienced candidates for two director positions coming up in early 2021.
Te Wai Māori Trust (Te Wai Māori) was established under s. 92 of the Māori Fisheries Act 2004 (the Act). Our purpose is to advance Māori interests in freshwater fisheries through:
• undertaking or funding research, development and education
• promoting the protection and enhancement of freshwater fisheries habitat
• promoting the establishment of freshwater fisheries
• using resources to bring direct and indirect benefits to Māori in respect of their freshwater fisheries interests.
The role of the Board is to provide the leadership, governance, guidance and accountability for the performance of Te Wai Māori. The Board is comprised of 3 directors and 2 alternate directors and meets roughly 8 times per year.
Directors are appointed by Te Ohu Kaimoana Trustee Limited. Pursuant to the Te Wai Māori Trust deed and the Māori Fisheries Act 2004, directors may be appointed for a term not exceeding 4 years; and may be reappointed for 1 further full term. All Directors must be Māori, who collectively:
• are well versed in matters of tikanga Māori; and
• are experienced in working with Māori and Māori organisations; and
• are experienced in fisheries management, enhancement, and development; and
• have expertise and experience in matters relevant to freshwater fisheries; and
• have knowledge of the special interest of iwi in freshwater fisheries.
The position is remunerated.
For more information on the position please see click here to read the Director Position Description.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 22 January 2021. Please send through your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org