To advance Māori interests in freshwater fisheries through:
- Undertaking or funding research, development and education;
- Promoting the protection and enhancement of freshwater fisheries habitat;
- Promoting the establishment of freshwater fisheries; and
- Using resources to bring direct and indirect
Outcomes we work towards
Advancing Māori interests in freshwater fisheries means:
- Increasing iwi and hapū capacity and capability in freshwater fisheries and their ability to control their freshwater fisheries.
- Fostering indigenous fisheries expertise, knowledge and understanding.
- Increasing the quality and range of information to iwi and hapū on freshwater fisheries and their interests thereof.
- Ensuring that the indigenous fisheries are well and can be enhanced.
We take a long term and integrated view of our organisational outcomes.
He reo tō te wai
He reo tō te tangata
Kotahi tonu te whakapapa, whakakotahitia!
Our water has its language | As too do our people have theirs | Both born of one whakapapa, United!.